STATS CHECK… THE HARSH REALITY!
We’d like to share a frightening statistic with you!
In the first 6 months of 2018 (January to July) we provided food parcels to 1950 people, of which 534 were children.
In the first 6 months of 2019 (January to July) we provided food parcels to 2649 people, of which 877 were children.
That’s a 35% increase overall and a very sad 64% increase in children suffering food poverty in our area.
This is why we are always so completely grateful for all your generosity with both fundraising and food donations.
This September …. LET’S GET PHYSICAL FOR THE FOODBANK!
During the month of September we’re asking as many people as possible to walk for Cannock & District Foodbank!
1. Decide how many steps you can commit to walking every day! (We suggest 11,000 but it doesn’t have to be.)
2. Complete your sponsorship form (see photos below.)
3. Ask friends & family to sponsor you.
4. During September – enjoy the fresh air & get walking! Remember to record your steps on a pedometer, Fitbit or phone.
5. When you’ve collected your sponsorship monies in – forward it to Cannock & District Foodbank! We’ll tell you how further down the line!
Let’s get fit & fundraiser at the same time! Who’s in?
Did you know?
Did you know that every item of food we receive is dated, colour coded & labelled before they hit the shelves of our warehouse? We are super grateful to our fabulous volunteers who come & help us with this.
This weeks shortages!
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your continued contributions of food.
This week, we are running low on:
– Tinned fruit
– Tins of Rice pudding & Custard
– Fruit squash / cordials
All your fabulous food donations can be taken to your local Asda, Co-Op, Morrison’s, Sainsbury’s or Tesco stores.
We want to say thank you!
A massive thank you to Kay Davis for your mammoth fundraising efforts. Kay climbed Snowdon and raised £480 in sponsorship and then her employer, William Hill matched the amount she’d raised, with a further donation of £480. These are much needed funds for Cannock and District Foodbank and we are extremely grateful.
Thank you for reading our weekly updates, and I hope you join us for Step Up September!!